Friday, January 9, 2009

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater....and everything else!

1-09-09-M- After a week of what can only be described as full of good intentions and great starts.. I cheated. Going out to dinner normally entails fast food with my children or a nicer place while still breaking up their fights . But alas on those rare moments when I actually go out on a date night.. to a place that doesn't have a menu on the wall behind the counter.. well let's just say.. when the waiter put the napkin on my lap I felt faint. A roaring fire burned brightly.. several other couples all sat gazing at each other in a Tuscan style restaurant. Not a kid in sight! Just hearing the specials made my mouth water.Part of my brain said order a salad and stick to steamed fish. That part of my brain was quickly extinguished by the rest of my brain that said.. screw it.. life is to short.. embrace the dark side.. enjoy this meal to the fullest and that's what I did. Oddly enough after being sick.. the previous week and then eating sensible portions.. my stomach revolted at the end. Soon enough I found myself dashing off to the ladies room.. where I felt the first tinge of mutiny from my system. Sitting there going for what seemed like an hour.. I got the message.. Gluttony is a sin for a reason.. no good can come from it. Once we arrived back home and settled into a cozy canoodle.. again the rumblings of my stomach started again. Shish boom ba..back to the bathroom for another 20 years. Finally back to my beloved who looked at me with pity and laughter in his eyes. The next morning.. the knowledge that the scale awaited. I got my blubbered body back on the bike and did 10 miles with vigor. In the end I didn't gain weight but I did learn a lesson.. moderation is key to anything! If I want to cheat, cheat in small portions .. 1 cookie not 10.. 1 appetizer not 2! Telling Rick about my adventure.. his response to this was so your idea of a diet is eat, drink a ton of water and shit. Well Rick .. I gotta tell ya that about sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment