Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Banished Excuses and The Get Rid Of It Challenge

Bahhhh, enough of who is the most challenged! (stumbles a little with his club foot and claw hand.) Shes got issues - I got issues. I do know that the impetus to get it done is easily there, as getting in shape gets harder the older you get. I know my recovery time is wayyyy longer than ever. I work with college kids and constantly get reminded of the benefits of youth. So okay yes it's hard! And harder still after 40! If it was easy we wouldnt have a country full of tubby folks. So, (cue Rocky music) let the quest for the 'good weight' continue with not only the objective of getting there being the focus but also the fortitude to stay there! Its hard on the body to gain or lose too much weight, so lets make this a not a 'get it off' but a 'Get Rid of It' prospect. I know when I lost 180lbs all those years ago, I knew I never wanted to have to lose them again ... and so I didnt.

This is now not a losing it challenge, its a get rid of it and never finding it again quest. Its a new healthy habit that replaces its old bad habit nemesis, its the back sliding and catching it quick process, its forgetting how to stuff your body for any other reason than to nourish it. I figure if I am going to go to all the trouble to work this hard for an objective, I am going to stay there when I reach it! Trying to get M to do the same remains to be seen. She has game, but is she willing to bring all of it? Or is she just playing another cycle of the lose it and get lazy again game? I guess we will see. The treadmill is mocking me again, time to walk some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment