Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ack.. Ack.. My Aching Back..

2-24-09-M Pain is sometimes a motivator. My back and neck are out again big time.. so I've been using them as an excuse to not exercise and eat like shit . ( Not that I've ever really needed an excuse). I've also been handed a big old plate of stress as of late due to both jobs. That said.. every morning I lay in bed and stare at my recumbent bike saying 5 more minutes.. and I'll get up and get moving. Of course this miracle never happens. Today.. I didn't think that.. I thought I"m in so much pain.. all I want to do is piss and go back to bed. But I"m starting to think that the laying around or sitting are compressing the discs even more . So without thought I got on the bike and without a care for how long I was there or what distance I went.. I was there. The pain was no better or worse.. it simply was. As if in some strange half awake state ..I ate my 1/2 cup of fiber one cereal with my low fat yogurt. I drank the 16oz of water. Again I don't feel any better for it.. and I'm sure right at the wrong time I'll have to take a massive dump.. but for today I was on auto pilot. Rick is doing everything the right way. He's amazing and generous and kind and wonderful. I'm cheering for him as much as I'm trying to beat him. If nothing else comes out of this.. I get to hug a beautiful person in the end and may even get my ass smacked to boot! It's a win.. win!

No comments:

Post a Comment