Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Crunch Time is Really Win-Win Time

R 4-15- What an absolute doll M is! Its easy to see why I think she rocks so much. I got into this to root her on and to maybe get healthy along the way ... maybe even lose a few pounds. I didnt get into it to reach a singular sole personal goal, oh no ...

On the contrary, I got into it for fun and a sporting healthy sense of competition. M is competitive and I knew this bet would serve that end and for me serve the 'doing it along with someone' sense of belonging that is such a potent motivator for me. As such Win-Win. I envisioned us marching down this path of improvement together and reveling in our achievement ... together!

So, with that in mind believe me when I say 'I' dont want to win, 'We' wants to win! And by that I mean my winning doesnt come unless M wins too. As she says the numbers will matter little but doing what you can to get there and raising your hands in victory anyway. So M, I need you to put in the work you can and when we see each other we can raise our arms in unison and embrace with glee like two olympic atheletes stumbling toward the podium. Win-Win is the only outcome I have sought ... dont you know!! Win with me M.

No comments:

Post a Comment