Wednesday, December 31, 2008

12-31-08-R With this whole holiday season being blah by most accounts, (via my friends who love the holidays admitting to mostly hating them this year,) the New Years ordeal seems especially daunting. But the truth is it's the same as it ever is. Take action to create the new you, blah blah etc. But what my cohort doesn't mention is that when I proposed an additional keep it off stipulation to our little wager it was summarily dismissed. So, for my professional weight loss adversary a new cycle in the lose/gain yoyo is no big issue, but the challenge of keeping the pounds at bay is too much to attempt. It's understandable though, as I dont think she wants to go the whole distance with someone that lost 180 lbs about 13 years ago and never let them comeback. Perhaps that's why she also goaded me into losing 10 or 12 pounds more than her before I am the victor, because obviously she needs every advantage.

It's okay, Im sure I will provoke her enough to hand me a defeat in the big face off and she is always fun when fully engaged, but like with many things that are "M" ... the true end victory may be elusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment